Tattoo Aftercare: Caring for Your New Tattoo
- Remove bandage after one hour
- Wash with unscented liquid soap (dial is good)
- Pat dry with paper towel
- Apply a small amount of Aquaphor (an inexpensive ointment found at any drug store) OR fragrance-free cocoa butter (we recommend Palmers)
- Wash 2-3 times daily, after washing apply your preferred ointment. Don’t use too much, the lotion or Aquaphor should be applied sparingly enough that it it completely absorbs into the skin. if you put too much on, re-wash the tattoo and apply a thinner coat
- Your tattoo will take approximately 1-2 weeks to heal. During the healing process the tattoo will itch and flake- do not pick or scratch at your tattoo!